Facilitator page: http://www.iecl.com/team-member/kate-mathers/
For Stress Resilience programs, including use of stress monitoring,
please visit Kate's other website at www.MindDep.com
• Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-week program
• Custom-built corporate programs in mindful leadership
• Corporate mindfulness programs in stress reduction, wellbeing and resilience
• Mindfulness, wellbeing and focus for profitability optimization
• One-on-one mindfulness coaching for optimal performance at senior executive level
• Bouncing back with mindfulness: rewiring your brain for maximum resilience and wellbeing
• Neuroscience Basics: what 21st century leaders needs to know
• Cultivating a growth mindset with neuroscience and mindfulness training
• Managing Ourselves: Mindfulness and the Business Context
• Keynote presentations
Kate is the Director of Balance-Life Mindfulness Training and is also the Principal Mindfulness Trainer at IECL. She has a wide range of experience facilitating growth and change in the personal and business lives of a broad range of clientele over more than a decade, both through her organisation Balance-Life and in conjunction with IECL.
Following a serious illness which led her to mindfulness, Kate developed and facilitated a range of mindfulness and self-compassion trainings which she has delivered since 2002, in both corporate and public sectors.
The creation of Kate’s training courses has been facilitated in part by a background in health journalism together with numerous in-depth training courses in mindfulness, from world-class leaders including Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli, Christopher Germer and Kristin Neff.
In recent years, Kate’s training and teaching has increasingly oriented towards Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) – the gold-standard of mindfulness trainings – and Mindfulness Based Self-Compassion (MBSC). She has studied extensively both in Australia and internationally.
A significant body of research is increasingly revealing that mindfulness training nurtures deep inner resources and cultivates an essential skill set that is needed if we are to respond effectively and flourish in the ever-increasing challenges of this relentlessly fast-paced twenty-first century life.
Mindfulness training is a powerful and profound way of caring for and managing ourselves, and managing others. Forging a healthy relationship with oneself and cultivating skills in focus and attention, self-awareness and emotional self-regulation are vital in this complex, high-speed world – a world that comes at us inexorably causing significant stresses that are now part and parcel of our lives.
Kate’s approach blends cutting-edge cognitive neuroscience with formal and informal mindfulness practices, to reveal how mindfulness training carves new neural pathways in the brain, leading to greater focus, engagement, resilience, health and wellbeing – and for organisations, a stronger bottom line.
Copyright © Balance Life Mindfulness Training. All rights reserved.